5 Day Gorilla Tour with 3 Gorilla Treks in Rwanda – Musanze Caves Exploration
This gorilla tour package is organized to adventurous hikers with main interest of visiting gorilla 3 times in Volcanoes National Park, and end with golden monkeys or Mount Bishoke hike.
Enjoy the 5 day / 4 nights Rwanda safari to Parc National des Volcanoes for three (03) gorilla treks. Here you have a great opportunity to visit different gorilla groups and compare the experience. You can end the trip with Golden monkey tracking or Musanze caves exploration or Mt. Bishoke hiking or adventurous hike to Dian Fossey Tombs. You can choose 2 treks in Rwanda and 1 trek in Uganda, thus combining Uganda and Rwanda on the 5 days gorilla safari. This is possible because, Volcanoes national park in Rwanda is not far from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda (Southern Part), or Mgahinga National Park, it’s less than 3 hours drive via Chanika boarder (Kisoro).
- Day 1: Kigali City tour, Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: First Gorilla Tracking, afternoon visit to beautiful Twin Lakes of Burera and Ruhondo
- Day 3: Second Gorilla tracking, relax in evening, or community walk
- Day 4: Third Gorilla Trekking, afternoon community walk to Musanze market
- Day 5: Optional Activities; Golden monkey trekking, Musanze caves exploration, Bishoke Mountain climbing, Hike to Dian Fossey Grave site or choose a 4th gorilla trek but subject to availability of gorilla permits.
Places to visit / What to do?
- Volcanoes national Park for gorillas and golden monkey tracking
- Kigali city – Art and craft shops, Market, Gisozi genocide museum
- Ruhengeri / Musanze – Visit local communities, local market
- Twin Lakes of Burera and Ruhondo
Day 1: Kigali City tour
You will be picked up from your Hotel in Kigali by our safari guide and have a city tour. Visit the Gisozi genocide memorial site, National museum, Local Art and craft shops. Have lunch and set off to Volcanoes National park. Stay at Kinigi Guest House / Hotel La Palme Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Mountain Gorilla View Lodge, Gorillas Nest Lodge, Virunga Lodge or Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: First gorilla tracking
Breakfast and head to the park headquarters with packed lunch & water for the briefing about the dos and don’ts while with the gorillas, and then proceed to track the gorillas. Time take searching for these Gentle giants ranges between 2-7 hours depending on the movement of gorillas. Enjoy the view of Gorillas for a maximum of one hour and thereafter, return to your lodge for relaxation as you wait for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Second gorilla trekking
Heavy breakfast at the lodge and get ready for another gorilla trek with a different gorilla family. Return to your Lodge and have a relaxed afternoon as you wait for dinner and overnight. You can choose to take a guided community walk, or visit the beautiful Twin lakes of Burera and Ruhondo.
Day 4: 3rd Gorilla tracking experience
Like the previous days, you will decide whether to visit a different gorilla group or the same group visited previously. Relax in the afternoon, or visit local markets or households. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Golden monkey or visit Dian Fossey’s Tombs or Mt. Bishoke Hike or Musanze Caves tour
After breakfast, enter the forest and search for another unique primate, or hike to Dian Fossey Tombs nestled between the beautiful peaks of Burera and Ruhondo, or Climb Mt. Vishoke or Musanze caves exploration. Enjoy their view and return to your lodge for lunch, checkout and transfer to Kigali international Airport for your flight back home.
We have the best selection of lodges around Volcanoes National Park for all levels; Basic, deluxe and superior. All our lodges are self contained with fantastic views.
Budget / Basic Accommodation
Basic / Budget accommodations is offered with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed especially if you book on last minute in peak seasons.
Mid Range /Deluxe Accommodation
Mid range / Deluxe accommodation is comfortable and clean, with private bathrooms, toilets and views.
Luxury / Superior Lodges
High end / Superior / Luxury accommodation includes lodges, hotels and camps with private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views and private facilities such as bathrooms and Toilets. Some of them offer free selected beverages like Virunga and Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge.
- 1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek
- 2 Day Gorilla tour in Rwanda
- 3 Day Gorilla Safari Rwanda
- 3 Day Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Day Double Gorilla Trekking
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari, Lake Kivu
- 6 Day Rwanda Gorilla Tour
- 7 Day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- 7 Day Wildlife, Gorilla Safari Rwanda
- 8 Day Rwanda Adventure Tour
- 10 Days Rwanda Natural Wonders
- 14 Days Discovery Safari Rwanda
- UGANDA AND RWANDA COMBINED